The formation of the WPA in 2013 signalled a united direction for contract wine packagers and a shift in the culture of the wine packaging industry.
The idea for contract packagers to form an association was spearheaded by David Hutton, General Manager of Vinpac International Pty Ltd and Andrew McPherson, Ozpak.
The Wine Packagers of Australia was formed in 2013 with founding members.
- Ray Todd and Nick Walters, Barossa Bottling Services
- Jim Kirkpatrick, Best Bottlers
- Russell Smith, Hunter Valley Bottling Company
- Vince McMullan, McLaren Vale Bottlers
- Andrew McPherson, Ozpak Wine Packaging Specialists
- Mike Davies, Portavin Integrated Wine Services
- Steve Peake, Prowine South Australia
- Chris Grigoriou, South Australian Wine Bottlers
- Andrew Torresan, Torresan Estate Contract Bottling & Warehousing
- David Hutton, Vinpac International Pty Ltd
- Tim Nowell-Usticke, WineWorks New Zealand
Since 2015 our technical Forums have provided a collaborative platform to present and discuss wine packaging technical issues, information gaps and technology developments across the supply chain.
In November 2019 following our membership expansion into New Zealand, it was appropriate that our name and logo reflect this change – Wine Packagers of Australia & New Zealand (WPANZ).
With an accumulated 162 years in the contract packaging industry, our knowledge of wine packaging is unparalleled.